Saturday, February 26, 2005

Comedy Speed

Tsunami Aid comedy thing was on tonight. I would have thoroughly enjoyed it. I like comedy, you know, I'm a HAPPY HAPPY PERSON. If only people hadn't talked through Eddie Izzard and Dylan Moran. This they did to any act they either "Can't stand" or who they were unfamiliar with. I'm fine though, I can handle people's opinions affecting my viewing experience, I love people's opinions, I think it's great that people have their opinions. I would prefer it if they were my mindless drones but they just don't want to be when you swear at them all the time.
My copy of Broken Sword came today. Fortunately the music on the CD for Broken Sword (1) is in .wav form. This meant I could work with it in nice GUI applications. I used something called Ogg Drop. Which allowed me to compress about 230MB of in game music to about 25MB. Quite impressive no? That was admittedly at the quality setting of zero but it sounded fine to me. It's was only background atmosphere music after all. This allowed me to then be able to fit the entire game (cut down for SCUMMVM use) onto a single CD including a Mac and a PC copy of SCUMMVM-0.7.0 and the cut-scenes that you have to downloaded from SCUMMVM.org Whoa! Somehow I managed to delete my copy of Broken Sword 2 from my hard drive while fiddling about, so I realised when I reached a cut scene in the game (after reinstalling) that I needed to re-download the cut-scenes (I was watching a black screen with only voice over). The thing I want to mention here is that the cut-scenes took, by my reckoning less than four seconds to download. That's about a 30MB .zip file. IN UNDER FOUR SECONDS. Internet like that is luxurious, it must peak at about five in the morning. The ideal time for a person that would get so excited about such luxury.

No comments: