Wednesday, February 16, 2005

The Breakfast Club Lingo

Some how I expected Broken Sword to be "out of stock". Being delivered to me is only Broken Sword 2. I sent an email requesting for an estimate of when Broken Sword will be in stock, if ever, but I'm doubtful as to whether I'll receive a reply (or the game for that matter).
So today, or Tuesday as it was, we had a Director tutorial. We covered if statements and global variables in lingo. That stuff seems good. I had, and still have, grand plans to use this, and see how far I can take things with the simple power of, "true" or "false". I was going to do that this (or Tuesday) evening but.. I.. Er.. had a couple of glasses of wine and ended up trying to watch "The Breakfast Club" as others drunkenly stumbled around me. I refused to drink shots in their drinking game you see. They were very drunk, I was not so drunk.
I'm really interested in the idea of morality as an element of gameplay. That was what I wanted to try tonight, to just throw something together to see if I could write the code. I also want to see if I can use these small bits of code I have learnt to make a simple point and click type of .. thing. I really think it would be nice, if there was even just a section of old school point and click fun in our project. I must get this stuff done then before Thursday because we have a proper scheduled production meeting at 13:30 in D2 on Thursday and I must have something to show for myself, so it's to stop me looking like a dick and to get the project moving.
I'm intending to use me enthusiasm and regularity of this blog thing to help me with my project. I have made another blog where I intend to keep a record of project related 'stuff' that I do. Hopefully then this will help me when I come to write my project analysis as I'll have lots of content to refer to.
I was quite impressed by The Breakfast Club.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed. looks like you're doing some work, or at least putting a thought into it.
Years since I've seen the Breakfast Club can't remember it that well, only the 'brat pack' cast.
I recommend The Royal Tennanbaums if you haven't seen it - Has an awesome soundtrack, but it's way too expensive in HMV
Bought Little Britain Comic Relief DVD, Starsky & Hutch DVD, the new Lemon Jelly CD and The Adventures of Oyster Boy today.