Friday, February 25, 2005

Brick

Had a great guest lecture this morning. It was taken by Nathan Johnson. Not a lecture really, this guy's a musician, not an academic so it as just him talking to us about his experiences with Brick.
There you can see him.
Yeah. Brick seems like a great film, I'm anticipating it's release now. Nathan said that at the moment companies are squabbling over who gets it in this country. So it should definitely be here.
The great thing about the lecture was that this guy was talking about the sound track for this film that he had made and it was good, and the film looks really good, and it's low budget and one of the instruments he sowed us a picture of was a cheese grater he bought from TESCO.
The film was written and directed by Rian Johnson. This is the fun bit. The end part of the lecture was made up of a video conference with Rian in LA. Eh? Eh? I know your impressed.

"This morning I had a great lecture, well, it wasn't really a lecture it was more a video conference with a sundance winning director in LA."

- Special Jury Prize for Originality of Vision.

So there was a director of this film that looks really good, and how did I follow this up on the internet. Well, of course I went to look at the band that he was wearing a t-shirt of. They Might Be Giants. Their website is very nice and I'm currently listening to their 'Clock Radio'. 'I've Got A Fang' is the thing that I've heard on there that I like the most. Music aside I'm quite simply impressed by this nice flash stuff.

It's snowing again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is brickmovie.com supposed to look like a German news web site, or did I miss something?

SCUD said...

Sorry, it was supposed to be brickmovie.net
I'll change the link now.