Monday, May 30, 2005

Hay Festival 2005 #4

Sadly I've left it to when I am drunk and tired again to write this post. I will probably miss things out and apathetically was over details I would have liked to elaborated on. So, let me think. I woke even earlier this morning, 5:35. I managed to get back to sleep again but when I re-awoke I was damn sweaty, I'd put on loads of extra clothes to go to bed because it was colder last night.

Baby Grace in chair sleeping

I had my fried breakfast which was really just veggie bacon, sausages and beans for me because I don't like mushrooms. After much lounging around and attention giving to baby Grace we headed into town. When we got there we met my Dad (Dominic) and went to a pub for a pint. (I had the delicious Butty Bach). After that we went around a few bookshops and I got a few books. First I got Rim from the gigantic ex-library bookshop. Then Postmodernism For Beginners and finally a Gibson book, All Tomorrow's Parties.
Rim, Alexander Besher, £2.00
Postmodernism For Beginners, Richard Appignanesi and Chris Garratt, £2.50
All Tomorrow's Parties, William Gibson, £2.25
Meaning I made a saving of £6.68 when compared to Amazon.co.uk price.
it was then inside the Hay Cinema Bookshop that I met Anshul. The last time I saw Anshul was in Bournemouth, leaving my house after I lent him some DVDs. previous to seeing him I was worried about the fact that I had left to go on a holiday to the north of Wales without telling him. What if he wanted to return the DVDs and found I wasn't there? It was at the cinema selection I saw him and I thought. "Bloody hell! That's Anshul." and then "Wait, no, that doesn't make sense, I'm in Hay, far away from Bournemouth on a holiday at a festival most people have never heard of. May be it's just some Indian guy who looks a bit like Anshul and my uncultured brain is telling me that it is Anshul." For about three minutes I debated this with myself, all the time standing right next to him waiting for him to get up and notice me, However he was fully engrossed in the cinema books, which span my mind further because what I know of him, he is a bit of a film freak (he does do MA Editing after all). Eventually he did get up and realised that the weirdo he could see out of the corner of his eye that was fixed to his side pretending to look at books was me. Back at the campsite we went to the Hollybush Inn for food. i drank cider 'till I didn't feel so good and then we've been sitting out here since then. I'm now trying to warm my legs by a dying disposable barbecue lit for the purpose of heating.