Saturday, June 11, 2005

Skim City

I saw Sin City tonight. I paid £5.60 for the cinema ticket. That's £5.60 with the student discount. A person who forgot their student card paid £6.80! Bloody England.
Another stub scan for evidence.
Sin City movie stub.
I liked the film, a lot. Out of the others I saw it with, one liked it, one was confused, one didn't like it and the other I don't know about. With regards to the fidelity approach I can only mention that I remember seeing Marv with his mother and talking about his gun more that occurred in the film and that I don't remember Kevin poking his head through the door at the beginning of the graphic novel. I could be wrong there, as I say, I don't remember. That's the fidelity approach though, a way I'm forced to look at the film after reading. As we all know the fidelity approach is no fair way to value a film, because it is a film, not a transcript.
Later tonight, or earlier this morning I got back my marks for me disgrace of a flash project. I passed. Just. 49% (40% being the pass threshold). Walking back from the building where I pick up the slip of paper with my mark on I saw a fox, just wandering around the university, like a student, only closer to the ground than usual. I tried to take a picture on my phone but it was useless because there was a pathetic amount of light available being some time after midnight. Another failed picture I tried to take on my phone today was of a Microsoft error message on a screen on a phone in a phone box. It always gives me a little smile to see those errors in public places. It means the computers aren't able to outsmart us... unless they're bluffing. Oh!

No comments: