Wednesday, April 20, 2005

Linwood Blood

A man stands strong in his stance in the centre of the Taekwondo fighting ring. Just in-front of him SCÜD stumbles out of the ring and past the referee.

REF: You alright Scud?

SCÜD: (Clutching his neck) I can taste blood!


I went to a new class today, one I haven't been to before. Since there exams and things going on there is no more university class on account of the sports hall constantly being needed for the sitting of the exams. The university class was on a Wednesday from 6:30 to 8ish or something.
There is another class on a Wednesday and so I though I would go along to that one. I found the place I was supposed to be Linwood Primary School but of course had no idea where to go from there. I phoned Bryan, the guy who told me to be there at 7 and woke him up. While waiting for him I spoke to the instructor and learnt that there were infact two classes. There is a traditional class from 7 to 8:30 and a sparring class from 8:30 to 10. The traditional class was mostly children, well it would have been completely children if me and Bryan hadn't shown up. So we decided to take both classes. £3 very good value for students.
The nippers class tired me out quite alot.
I was tired by the time it got to sparring.
I was dead by the time to go home.
We started off the sparring class with some target practice which was fun, repeatedly doing spin kicks improves them alot, I would do them in the street all the time but the target really makes the difference and there's often not enough room.
Then we just fought. One after another we stepped into the ring and just gave each other a good kicking. Or bad kicking in my case.
I know my kicking was bad because I have multiple injuries that are all due to my bad technique, not from being kicked.
Bryan kicked me in the neck (we were only doing body shots) which may seem harsh but it was only because I leaned into his kick.
In the practice my foot started bleeding, I must have caught one of Bryan's nails or something.
In sparring I managed to get a nice huge graze up my shin, not sure how.
My favourite one though is my bruised foot. It went black. It's only patchy purple now but it looked really nice and lumpy just after I did it.
I didn't get my arse kicked by a bunch of Koreans, they just stood there and I bust myself on them.
It was quite fun though.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ow!